The purpose of this module is to:
- Introduce the 11 online information literacy modules (eCDF project 423/525) which are available for use by educators under a creative commons licence.
- Provide an introduction to the concept of information literacy
- Set information literacy and the IL standards in a practical context.
- Demonstrate the potential of the modules for adaption and reuse
- Simulate finding and adapting one module using a digital repository and an online editor
- Provide a framework for teachers to build their confidence and understanding of the practical potential for information literacy and the online information literacy modules.
The springboard module is designed for:
- Teaching staff who might wish to use any of the other Information Literacy modules and use or adapt them.
- Students who wish to gain some background understanding of information literacy might also find this module useful.